Carry On - Carry around Blocks and Mobs
Ever wonder why you can carry a stack of 64 empty chests in your pocket, but you can not move a filled one with your bare hands? Well, wonder no more!
Carry On is a simple mod that improves game interaction by allowing players to pick up, carry, and place single block Tile Entities (such as Chests, Furnaces, and your favorite machines from other Tech Mods) using only their empty hands. No items (or pickaxes) required. States, meta data, inventory and NBT data are retained. It also allows you to carry around smaller mobs!
How it Works:
- Shift(can be rebound) + Right-Click (with Empty Hands) on any Tile Entity or mob to lift and carry
- Right-Click to place
- Other features:
- Works with single block Tile Entities or mobs from any mod (yes, tech mods too)
- Respects the lock functionality so Tile Entities cannot be stolen
- Powerful config allows you to blacklist entire mods or specific blocks, and additional customization
- Players can only carry one Tile Entity or mob at a time, and are prevented from other actions when carrying
- Carrying a Tile Entity or mob slows the player. Items with fuller inventories and larger entities will cause additional slowness
- Carry On provides a powerful config file, wiki here
- The config can be accessed through an easy to use Config GUI from the Main Menu, and changes are recorded real-time
- Specific blocks or entire mods can be blacklisted
- An option to carry standard blocks (e.g., Dirt) can be enabled (Default = Off)
- Will you backport this to 1.7.10? Most likely not.
- Armor still animates when carrying a Tile Entity
- Screen goes dark when carrying Mobs at night
- Arrows are not rendered when the player is carrying
Please feel free to use this mod in any modpack, public or private. There is no need to notify or ask us, please just mention Tschipp and Purplicious_Cow in the pack if you do make it public, and link back to this forum post.
How to install
That is the default installation process for this type of material. So the actual installation might be a bit different. See additional links to find the original website of material.
1) Install the Forge
2) Download the mod
3) Put in mods folder